Event ID 372: The document failed to print
The client printer shows up on Windows 2008 R2 but can’t print
Situation: The client installed TS on their DC running on Windows 2008 R2. After that the remote clients using RDC can’t send print job to the printer connecting to remote computer. The printer redirection works fine and we can see them, but when we try to send the print job, it doesn’t print. The Event Viewer also logs this message:
Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin
Event ID: 372
Task Category: Printing a document
Keywords: Classic Spooler Event,Document Print Job
The document Untitled – Notepad, owned by blin, failed to print on printer 041hp4050 (redirected 4). Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler.
Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 23044. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\laptop. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 5. Access is denied.
Troubleshooting: It is not recommended to install Terminal Services on a Domain Controller for the security reason. For many small business, they don’t have choice, the resolution is using cacls command to assign permission to spool by following these steps:
1. Click Start, search for cmd.exe
2. Right click on cmd.exe
3. Click on ‘Run as Administrator’
4. Type “C:\” w/o the quotation marks and then Press Enter.
5. Type CD\Windows\System32\Spool and then Press Enter.
6. Type Cacls.exe PRINTERS /e /g users:C and then Press Enter.
7. Restart the computer (I didn’t have to reboot)
I’m still seeing RDP used on servers and desktops and it’s not safe! RDP get brute forced on Administrator account in days. Please close these firewall ports and use LogMeIn or some other more secure solution.
Most people don’t know there’s being brute forced until it’s way too late! Check your event logs on your servers, desktops and firewalls to see china is trying to get in. If you leave RDP open 24/7 and don’t monitor these logs, you’re most likely already infected.
Make sure to use Spiceworks and Hitman Pro to verify you’re not!
Found out that we’ll have to pay $5 to pay your bill over the phone with a real person. This added fee will be coming soon for Mountain states, and its my understanding already exists in other states.
This is for residential accounts. I asked about business accounts but didn’t get a clear answer.
This is something Optimum, nor Bresnan charged.
Since the Bresnan office is often very busy and under staffed the automated systems your only option. Good luck.
Another example why we need a option that’s more of a utility. Read More…
Suggest problem with healthcare: The current system with 40 million uninsured
Healthcare of the uninsured visiting ERs and not doing preventative care before it’s extremely expensive and paid for by the medical industry and/or tax payers. The overall costs of uninsured and insured healthcare is too expensive. The quality of healthcare is too low for many areas of the county.
Suggest Solution: Obama care or any other insurance based solution
By providing everyone health insurance people will go to their family doctor before they get really sick saving the medical industry and tax payers lots of money while raising the quality of life for everyone involved.
- Quality of life goes up for those with insurance
- Quality of life goes up for those without insurance
- Obesity rates drop because responsible information and help is available to everyone
- Plus many other promises…
A real world story to learn from:
I have a friend in his late 20’s in the low to no income part of the 40 million without private insurance he and his family are on state finical aid. He is unemployed due to extreme obesity which causes health related issues.
More than a week ago he said he wasn’t feeling well and was sick, I didn’t think anything of it until I went to a party with him a few days ago and the next day I and 4 other people were sick too. After a day of feeling bad I went to the health department and spent $20 to get tested for strep. It was positive, I was advised to stay home and away from people which I did. I’m a self employed technologist in my 30’s without health insurance. I’m in good shape and typically healthy.
Because I got sick I alerted everyone at the party to get tested if they didn’t fell well. Including my friend.
He’s response is why I’m writing this post. “I’ll probable go to the ER” – He said.
Even though he has state healthcare free, state financial aid free, and there’s nothing collections can do to him.. It still took him 2 weeks to go to the doctor and then it was the ER. This proved to me that the real world problem is life style not access to healthcare or health insurance.
How I see the problem:
Lifestyle is the problem not access to healthcare of health insurance. No amount of information or free services has changed this life style in a real world example. Access to Health insurance did not get him out walking or taking better care of himself. Government propaganda Ads on media outlets didn’t help him or change his life style.
Why aren’t we changing life styles with Health insurance:
- ERs have no way to hold patients accountably to change – ER wins
- The urgency and care shown at an ER is much higher than a family doctors office – ER wins
- The ER is often faster and more professional in most areas. – ER wins
- There is a lot less condemnation from seeing a ER Doctor once than a family doctor that can hold you accountable. – ER wins
- ER is open all hours – ER wins
- Family doctor is more personable and can be more friendly but not always – Tie
- A lot of family doctors aren’t taking new patient and will not take chronic pain patients at all – ER wins
- There are so many more I’m not going to list
How I see the solution:
Until tough love is introduced and we change the incentives for going to an ER and have a real conversation. When we start talking about life style and why he didn’t go to the doctor the 2nd day he was sick, why he went out in public sick, we will not solve anything. We must address the incentives, life style changes and solve the depression and self neglect that comes with these poor choices. We must lift the self worth and values in this process or the loop will just start over.
Optimum (Parent) – (Divorce) – Charter (Parent) = You (Child)
Important Update if you use Optimum now Charter.
Optimum was bought out by Charter, this has turned from a cut over to a divorce and you’re the child in the middle.
As we’ve been told at www.dontpanic.biz
- Authorized uses and contracts didn’t transfer so anyone can call and make changes! FIX ASAP!
- The FORCED Alert which shows up on IE, Chrome or others when you open an internet browser shows up for your guests, mobile devices and any user randomly.
- So if you provide Guest or Hosted services (Restaurant) you must change over your Optimum account number and email ASAP before it’s deleted by your users or guests.
- Guest/users have the ability to delete your Optimum email and old account number without any prompt or authorization from this above alert! This isn’t acceptable and the FCC shouldn’t allow this!
- All accounts transferred as Residual so some call-in features and automated auto-attendants might not work correctly. When told to enter phone number it just loops with no options to get out.
- No, Account notes transferred. We had problems with Optimum for weeks and they fixed it, when transferred to Charter the problems came back but no notes were transferred so they had to start over.
- Voicemail dial numbers have changed so update your staff.
- During the last few months Charter upgraded EVERYONE TO BOOST 30MB/5MB but they didn’t tell you. So if you’re still paying for BOOST then you’re over paying for nothing! You must call to get the EXTRA charge removed! If you’re on a promo then this doesn’t apply until after the promo ends.
Contact Charter ASAP and deal with the changes on your account.
- Update Contract, Contacts, and Authorized users.
- Delete @optimum account and move to Office 365 or a NON-ISP EMAIL Service! Our ISP has changed 3 times over the last few years! Don’t use ISP Email isn’t not safe or acceptable for business! It’s not advised for personal.
- Update your Voicemail Call in instructions for staff.
While remaining problems after the May 2014, optimum to charter cut over in Colorado isn’t odd the frustration over the lack of data transferred is growing! Its turned from a peaceful transfer to a divorce! Its my understanding NO account data including authorized users, trouble tickets, past notes… were included in the transfer, also all optimum business customers came over as residential so many automated features dont work, I got stuck in a phone prompt for 5 minutes with no option but the hang up and call back. We’ve had fax issues since the cut over. None of our clients knew about the cut over. One emergency center was open during the outage with no phone service and no access to voicemail! Not to mention the @optimum voicemail and email accounts get deleted soon! Who really knows if the @bresnan accounts are safe. Contact us now to get moved to Microsoft Office 365 for businesses. Read More…
- Amazing Product
- bad service
- best service
- Give me Back my Freedom!
- Great Service
- Live Mesh
- Mobile Applications
- Office 2010
- Social Changes
- Walmart Stupid
- Website Design
- Why not?
- windows 7
- Windows 8
- Xbox Live (Pleads)